APE3. Dance sessions16 juin 2016
APE3. Dance sessions
Number of sessions: 8
Target group: 1ºBach. High School (17 years old)
Date: april – may 2015
- To encourage students to take a profound interest in dance both physically and intellectually
- To encourage creativity and innovation in all aspects of dance.
- To explore dance making processes
- To learn how to rehearse your dances
- To construct dances in which composition theory is applied and embodied
- To increase the understanding and development of movement for intent, content or expressivity.
- To observe, write and speak clearly about dance composition: process and product.
- To gain experience with interdisciplinary connections between dance and other art forms such as theatre, visual arts or music.
- Development of principles of dance composition: form, space, time, dynamics and movement manipulation.
A long the different sessions, ten groups of 5-6 students had to create their own choreography, choosing the music and the style of dance. The different choreography has been shown in a final festival at the end of April.